Well there wasn’t much sleep last night as Shyanne started feeling worse than normal.
We are very thankful to everyone for taking such good care of her. Some of her nurses and aides held her and kept her occupied as I packed as quickly as I could.
This morning I asked about the IV Tylenol as she needed another dose before one of her medications… apparently it is SUPER expensive so they don’t usually authorize it. I’m hoping they can get it approved as she throws the regular Tylenol up as soon as she swallows it.
We got to go back downstairs before lunchtime as she was doing really well. They got her lines switched out and hooked back up for chemo.
She was happy to be back in her room where she could play. We actually got a bigger room so that was a plus!
It took me a little bit to sort out the crazy packing I had done and to get it all put away.
She started feeling bad again after dinner and she didn’t eat well. She did nurse some but she is acting like she is in pain so I’m not sure if it might be the darn old mucositis trying to start up… seems like she can’t get a break this time around.
The nurses will bring it up to the doctors so we can discuss what we need to do. I haven’t seen any sores yet but I’d love it if we can stay ahead of it like we did the last round.
We’re still waiting on the MRI… I can only imagine that it’ll happen during the middle of the night like it normally does. I’m so exhausted right now but the sooner we get it over the better. I forgot to mention that MRI was one on of the other teams that came to visit us during the early morning hours when she was having her little episode.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we are both exhausted right now. Pray also that the remainder of this round will go a bit more smoothly.